Frequently Asked Questions
What is your approach to designing a professional logo?
There are 8 phases to logo development. The process is structured and methodical with multiple steps to support the Graphic Designer to find inspiration, develop concepts and design logos. The process combines research, analysis, a strong intuition, and requires digital skills to then develop the logos using design software. See Claire’s blog post The Logo Design Process, For Professional Logos to understand the process and what is involved.
What is a logo design brief?
It is vital to kick start any project with a brief, to establish business objectives and expectations, budgets, design parameters, etc. Below is a set of example questions to support the logo brief and design process:
1. What is your business name?
2. What are your brand values? (energetic, influential, conscious, etc)
3. How do you want people to describe your brand?
4. Who are your competitors and audience?
5. Describe your business in one sentence?
6. Why are you getting a logo design?
7. What options have you explored?
8. Are there any colours or fonts to avoid?
9. What don’t you like about your current logo?
10. Where will the logo be used?
How much does a logo cost to design?
There are two options for a logo design:
1. Revamp existing/know what you want Logo Design £130 - to provide one logo concept with 2 iterations of the same design. Based on brief provided.
2. Fresh start, unique design £250. Up to 3 designs presented. Based on brief provided.
Final logo is packaged for print and digital. The basic files include:
Vector files, such as AI
Layered EPS/PDF (for different programs)
High-resolution files for web
Including PNGs with transparent backgrounds
Social Media JPEGS or PNGs scaled to each platform size and dimensions
What are your sustainability commitments?
I have set out what I do currently and some of what I plan to do in the future. I will be adding to this as projects get bigger and time marches on. Please go to this section to read in full, the link is in the website footer.